Getting started with Kaltura
Kaltura is a web-based application that allows individuals to create, edit, and share videos. Kaltura’s platform supports rich media, such as video, audio, and images. Completed videos can then be shared or embedded into any virtual learning environment, such as My Learning, web pages, social network applications, and blogs.
What are the key features?
- integrates with My Learning and combines easy recording, automated publishing, and interactive viewing of video as well as enabling easy video capture in lectures, at home, or on-the-go.
- provides simple tools to allow students to submit a video for assessment and for academics to manage the assessment and feedback process.
- makes it simple to create searchable, interactive video content and is an easy way to turn PowerPoint slides into more engaging video or narrated presentation that can be viewed on any device at any time.
What can I use it for?
- to record and submit video and audio files
- to create content in the classroom or on the go
- to record presentations and assessments
Use the menu on the right-hand side to navigate to a specific topic. You can also use the arrows on the page to manually go through the training material. Each page will have a video of how to do different actions and there will also be a link to a PDF that you can download.